Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Nook Neighborhood Bistro - CLOSED

The Nook is located in Puck's Alleys. They are tucked inside the parking lot where Kiss My Grits used to be. The interior of the restaurant is small but you feel very cozy eating brunch in here. They also have outdoor seating. The staff are very friendly and their prices are reasonable.

If you come on the weekends for breakfast, expect a long wait for a table. They are super busy and they don't accept reservations. If you don't want to wait for a table, you can order take-out. I prefer coming for a late lunch (after 1:30pm) instead because there is no wait time and the food comes out quick. I haven't been disappointed with anything on the their menu. I recommend trying their scones and muffins. They have different and unique flavors everyday. My favorite item is the chicken and waffles. The waffle are made with mochiko so it has the soft chewy texture inside and the toasty waffle crunch outside. It's great for sharing while you order something else as your entree.

From my own experience the preferred payment method is credit card because I ran into a few times where they had to wait to get me change. It's just more efficient to pay with a card. I think they offer parking validation but I'm not 100% sure as all the times I've visited, it was a Sunday and parking was free.

For more information about The Nook Neighborhood Bistro, visit www.thenookhonolulu.com.

1035 University Ave #105
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808) 942-2222

Mochiko Chicken & Waffles

Asian Pear Grilled Cheese

Matcha Waffle

House-made Shinsato Pork Sausage

BLT

No comments:

Post a Comment