Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lucky Belly

There is finally a place in downtown that serves ramen. They are located at the corner of Hotel and Smith Street, next to Downbeat Diner. If you're coming here for lunch on a weekday, I recommend coming at 11AM. If you come after 12PM, expect to wait 20-30 minutes for a table because this restaurant gets really busy. Another option is you can come in 2's and you'll get seated much faster. They have a row of tables in the back that's set up for two.

Their menu is still small but I'm sure when they receive their liquor license, they'll have a full menu. I wanted to try the duck lumpia but they were sold out so I got the pork belly bao. I thought the bao was okay. It didn't "wow" me. The shrimp gyoza was good and it's worth trying. If you're craving ramen, you should get the belly bowl because the pork belly and smoked bacon is cooked in-house and it's very good. I'm planning on making another trip down here someday and hopefully they'll have the duck lumpia.

50 N. Hotel St
Honolulu, HI 96817
Shrimp Gyoza

Pork Belly Bao

Lucky Bowl

Belly Bowl

Jasmine Limeade

Duck Lumpia

BLT

Shrimp Tempura Mushu

No comments:

Post a Comment