Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Mandalay - CLOSED

They have real Chinese food here but it's a bit overpriced. Your extra money is going to the "service" and the "interior design." This used to be Yong Sing Restaurant but it looks nothing like it. I came here for dinner on a weekend and the restaurant was 3/4 empty so the food came out really fast. My favorite item was the honey garlic spareribs. It's almost like the capital pork chops but better.

During the week, this is a popular place for dim sum lunch. I've been here a few times with my co-workers and the restaurant gets packed. They don't push carts here though. They give you the paper and you choose how many steamers of each you want. The dim sum is not bad but I could find something that tasted just as good for cheaper outside of downtown.

If you work in downtown and you haven't checked out this place yet, I'd say give it a shot. I recommend making reservations before you go for lunch on the weekdays.

For more information about The Mandalay, visit http://www.themandalayhawaii.com.

1055 Alakea St
Honolulu, HI 96813
(808) 525-8585

Imperial Scallop Soup

Minute Chicken

Cold Jelly Fish

Sauteed Eggplant

Fish Fillet w/ Chinese Greens

Honey Garlic Spareribs

No comments:

Post a Comment