Saturday, April 14, 2012

Macky's Sweet Shrimp Truck - CLOSED

There are a lot of shrimp trucks on the North Shore but this is one of my new favorites. The way they prepare their garlic shrimp leans more to the Chinese style of cooking and it's seasoned better. Giovanni's uses too much garlic and a lot of oil. It turns me off when I see my rice soaking in oil.

The good thing about Macky's is that they're located in Haleiwa. I come in from downtown Honolulu so it's a much shorter drive. I've eaten here a couple of times and the line to order is very short. It's manageable even when you come during the lunch hour. The longest I've waited for food is about 15 minutes. If I were to go to Giovanni's, I have to wait at least 20 minutes to put in my order and another 15-20 minutes for them to cook my food. I'd recommend coming here for lunch before taking a swim at the beach.

66-632 Kamehameha Hwy
Haleiwa, HI 96712
(808) 780-1071

Original

Lemon Pepper

Butter Garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment