Thursday, April 14, 2011

Yee Hong Pavilion - CLOSED

The first time I came here was couple weeks after the grand opening. I was disappointed because they didn’t have a lot of items in their dim sum carts. So last weekend, I decided to give them a second chance and I had a much better experience. They had all the items you would find in your average dim sum restaurant.

The taste of the food was okay, nothing wow. They were a bit “chang” on the filling in the deep fried shrimp dumplings. They have the custard tart with the flaky skin, which was pretty good. My favorite item was the jin dui. The skin was really thin and it was super crispy. It must have been a new batch because when the waitress cut the jin dui in half, the steam was coming out. It was almost as good as the one my mom makes for Chinese New Year! The best time to go is between 11:45am – 12:30pm because the crowd is there and the kitchen is busy pushing out all the hot and fresh items.

Chinese Culture Plaza
100 N Beretania St. Ste 101
Honolulu, HI 96817

Steamed Dim Sum

Deep Fried Shrimp Dumplings

Custard Tart

Jin Dui

No comments:

Post a Comment