Friday, September 23, 2011

Ichiriki

I normally don't go out for shabu shabu style dinners but someone talked me into trying nabe. She told me the broth was in a paper bowl. At first I didn't believe her but when I went and saw it myself, it was like "WOW!" I don't know what kind of paper they use but it's burn proof and it doesn't get soggy.

We ordered the shio (salt) broth. I wanted to ask the waiter for soy sauce to use as dipping but after tasting a piece of Chinese cabbage I realized the broth had all the flavor. It was really good. When you run low on broth, the waiter puts in more broth. The beef they use is super tender. For my next visit, I'd order the same thing but add on an extra plate of beef.

For more information about Ichiriki, please visit http://ichirikinabe.com.

510 Piikoi St
Honolulu, HI 96814

Chinese Cabbage, Bok Choy, Enoki & Shiitake Mushrooms,
Tofu, Kuzukiri, Abura Age, Chives, Gobo, Chicken, Beef, Sausage,
Scallops, Shrimp, Salmon and Tsukune Meatballs

Shio Chanko

Ramen Noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment